The current externally released version of rview for MACOS, XP, Vista, Win7 and Linux is:
Check the top left
of the rview window for the version you are running. The new version of
rview should not require a new key file (unless your machine ID has
changed due to OS patches etc). If you would like to get the current version please email me for
the download info! If you are installing the new version, please make
sure rview itself is not running at the same time as the installation
(particularly on windows systems).
Please email me with requests for features/bugs to include/exclude in the next release, and I will do my best to address these.
Version 9.076 includes these changes (update posted Sep ?? 2014):
1. Improvements in AlignTool controls for multi-frame data (fMRI etc)
2. Modification to header length when writing NIFTI files to support newer FSL reading
3. Further improvements to DICOM loading for multi-frame/enhanced DICOM from Philips
4. Improvements in surface file display updates
5. Added support for dfs surface file formats (David Shattuck surface files)
6. Fixed bug in 'Compact Data List' occurring when reference data missing.
Version 9.075 includes these changes (update posted May 30th 2014):
1. Improved support for more recent (>2000!) ECAT 7 format files.
2. Fixed bug in loading 8 bit signed and unsigned GIPL files.
3. Improved support for DICOM overlay/icon files
4. Added Multi-surface overlay option for slice plane views.
Version 9.074 included these changes (last update posted Dec 17th 2013):
1. Added DICOM Loader Tool volume data sort option: Allows DICOM files forming selected volume datasets to be copied into separate sub-folders for each dataset (original files are preserved).
2. Display range update bug fixed: when loading binary or label images with a small data range into rview Reference or Floating Data spaces (as opposed to the segmentation tool), adjusting the colour slider displaying the data values can cause a crash due to zero range selection. This has been fixed to prevent zero range selection.
3. Yet more improvements for dealing with DICOM icon and overlay inserts (from clinical display software and PACS systems etc).
4. 'View All' (F12,
and when loading multiple DICOM datasets) display layout selection bug:
fixed for the case of 30-50 datasets. (all datasets were not displayed!)
5. Removed Align Tool title bar dataset text bug (when dataset>'Z')
6. Removed DICOM loading bug: Incorrect sorting of data into volumes when multiple anonymized subject studies having the same sequence are present in same path.
7. Added many improvements to support of Siemens Mosaic DICOM format used for DTI and fMRI data, including reading of slice timing, interleave, diffusion tables and volume orientation (For Scanner based Alignment)
8. Added multiple improvements to Enhanced DICOM reading support for Nuclear Medicine data and also Phillips DTI data.
9. Added support for individual slice intensity scaling from (for example) Nuclear medicine DICOM files.
10. Added Frame/Num Frame display indicator for multi-frame datasets.
11. Added 'DTI compass' display to project the currently displayed diffusion weighting direction vector onto the display plane center cursor. (changes as you use the frame tool to page through the diffusion data frames).
12. Added a five dataset orthogonal display layout.
13. Fixed bug in updating of Alignment (of frames>0) when running Align Tool auto align on multi-frame datasets.
Version 9.073 includes these changes (Sep 2013):0. Auto Alignment (MACOS): Found compiler work-around for bug in g++ on some MACOS versions that causes auto-alignment to crash (due to interactions between g++/openmp threads and QT threads). This requires disabling threading for auto alignment on MACOS for now (sorry!).
Version 9.072 includes these changes (Aug 2013):1. DICOM: Improved support for embedded icons from PACS systems which had caused some DICOM files not to be detected. Improved memory efficiency loading Phillips Enhanced Dicom format. Dicom browser now reports the number of acquired pixels and well as the stored number of pixels.
Version 9.071 includes these changes (Feb 2013) :
1. DICOM: Improved
Support for implicit transfer syntax and pixel scaling (reported and
stored in gipl files) and larger file parse limit for Classic DICOM
(when the Phillips scanner gives up and reverts to classic because of
its 16000 image limit).
2. Colour Tool: Fixes to colour tables and added colour tables (those from rview V8 that never made it to V9)
3. Added segmentation displays to compare 3 segmentation datasets: A, B and C (eg manual to 2 automated segmentations)
4. Reduction in memory overhead to around 100-140MB+data runtime on windows. (rview got fat while adding new functionality on big linux machines, and found it could not fit back into small stylish XP notebooks... so we put it on a diet and got it to bike to work)
Version 9.070 includes these changes (Jan 2013):
1. Major upgrade of DICOM importing with better support for enhanced DICOM (Philips MRI)
2. DICOM file volume selector info extended with many additional MRI/PET/SPECT acquisition parameters.
Version 9.069 includes these changes (Nov 2012):
1. DICOM loading: file counting
2. Refinements to window updates.
Version 9.068 includes these changes:
1. I/O: Improvements to both Classic DICOM support and Phillips Enhanced DICOM reading. Display of scan patient orientation (head first/ feet first etc) in the DICOM selector tool.
2. SLIMMER: motion trace and duplicate detection.
3. General: Auto raise on tool windows to assist in interactions when rview is full screen.
4. Segmentation Tool: Reduced memory usage in segmentation operations for win XP/7. Fix for bug in Merge Seg B to Seg A seen on some OS's.
5. AlignTool: Improved tracking and recording of scanner-> image coordinates and gimbal unlocking.
Version 9.067 includes these changes:
1. Added functions to the Segmentation Tool allow different ways of fusing multiple segmentations.
2. Segmentation tool tracing checks to warn users about locked labels and narrow intensity range when tracing does not change any labels.
3. Improved Segmentation Tool option for Global Intensity Range labeling: Result is now constrained to region in unlocked Labels.
4. Segmentation Tool Intensity Range for Labeling now has separate ranges for each label. (all recorded in setup file)
5. Added function
in the Alignment Tool to copy transformation parameters to a subset
(remaining) frames in a multi-frame sequence
6. Wrappers to check for and report failed memory allocation (seen in some windows XP configurations)